Bridal Emergency Kits
The Wedding Planning Survival Kit: 6 Things Every Bride Needs to Stay Sane
Photo: Getty Images
Planning your wedding is one of the most exciting (and yes, stressful!) times of your life. Self-care is hugely important for brides-to-be, which is why we think that every engaged gal needs these simple items to stay calm, cool and collected:
1. Herbal tea: Even if you’re not really a tea-drinker, it might be time to think like a Brit and schedule time for afternoon tea. Here’s why: Not only is herbal tea packed with calming botanicals, the ritual of teatime in and of itself can be very centering and de-stressing. Keep a few bags in your purse so you can having a calming moment at work—or after a meeting with a wedding vendor.
2. Almonds: If you’re going to keep one quick, accessible snack in your bag, make it almonds. For starters, they keep well, but they’re also packed with vitamin E (good for your skin) and they’re packed with protein, so they’ll give you a much-needed boost of energy when you’re feeling depleted. Just remember, a serving size is about 1 oz., or approximately 23 whole almonds.
3. Some good quality ear-buds: When you need to check out (and you will!), make sure you keep your ear-buds handy so you can plug into some music at your desk at work or even while grocery shopping. Music can be both soothing and uplifting, and mental health experts often encourage people to keep ear-buds handy during seasons of stress.
4. A fragrance that makes you feel gorgeous: If you don’t already have a signature fragrance (or maybe you’re just tired of yours), make it your mission to find one you love before your wedding. You might be surprised at how a great perfume can make you feel elegant, beautiful and uplifted (and you’ll love the compliments your husband-to-be gives you!).
5. A pretty notebook/organizer: No, we’re not suggesting you lug around a portfolio the size of the one you had in your junior-high-era backpack, but investing in a pretty catch-all/carry-all organizer is one key to bridal bliss. Make it small in enough so it fits in your purse, and large enough that it can hold receipts, magazine clippings, and notes from meetings with vendors.
6. Chocolate: One thing is a given with wedding planning: you’re going to need an occasional pick-me-up. Our favorite mood enhancer: Antioxidant-rich dark chocolate! Stock up on some high-quality squares for an indulgent treat you can actually feel good about eating.
Video: The Wedding Analyst Emergency Kit
12 Women on the Relationship Advice They Wish They Got When They Were Younger
How to Tighten Loose Neck Skin
Honey Pepper Chicken
How to Take Action to Prevent Littering
Does Your Personality Dictate Whether Youll Be Overweight
25 Timeless Yet Trendy All-White Wedding Cakes
How to Not Be a Sheep
MORE: Miley Cyrus Went as 1999 Lil’ Lim for Halloween, Complete With ExposedBoob
50 Daredevil Tattoo Designs For Men – Marvel Comic Ink Ideas
How to Weather Leather
Beauty Tricks Sweepstakes Official Rules February 2015