How to manage photos on your Mac — Apple Support
How to Manage Photos of You on Instagram
When someone tags you in an Instagram photo, that photo is added to an area of your profile called Photos of You. If your Instagram is public, anyone can see these photos by visiting your profile and tapping the Photos of You icon. While you can’t prevent your friends from tagging you in photos, you can control which photos appear in Photos of You. Learn how to view Photos of You, add new photos, hide photos you don’t want people to see, and gain control over what appears automatically.
Viewing Photos of You
Launch Instagram and visit your profile.If Instagram doesn’t automatically open to your profile, tap the Profile icon (a silhouette of a person’s head and shoulders) at the bottom right corner of the app.
Tap the Photos of You icon on the far right end of the icon bar.The icon looks like an upside-down chat bubble with a silhouette of a head and shoulders. Once you tap this icon, you’ll see a list of every photo included in Photos of You.
Tap a photo in the list to view it in a standard size.By default, Photos of You opens up in a grid format. Tapping a photo also gives you a chance to see who posted the photo and associated comments and likes.
Hiding Photos from Photos of You
Click the Photos of You icon on your profile.If you’ve decided that you no longer want a certain photo to appear in Photos of You, you have the option to hide it by removing the tag from the original photo.
Select the photo you want to hide from Photos of You.Tap on the photo to bring it into view.
Tap the … menu (iPhone) or ⋮ menu (Android).
Tap “Photo Options”.A new menu will appear.
Tap “Remove Me from Photo” (iPhone) or “Remove Tag” (Android) to hide the photo.This will remove the tag from the original photo and remove it from Photos of You.
- iPhone: You can tap “Hide from my profile” instead of “Remove Me from Photo” to hide the photo without removing the tag. Use this option if you want to keep your Instagram name tagged in the photo.
- Android: Just like on an iPhone, you can also hide photos without removing the tag. Instead of selecting “Remove Tag,” flip the switch next to “Keep in Photos of You.”
Adding Photos to Photos of You
Tap the camera icon in the bottom toolbar and select a photo to upload.You can add new photos to Photos of You by tagging yourself in any photo you have uploaded.
- To tag a photo you’ve already posted, tap the Profile icon and scroll to the photo you’d like to tag. Tap the … (iOS) or ⋮ (Android) menu above the photo, then choose “Edit.”
- It is not possible to add a tag to someone else’s photo and have that appear in Photos of You. The person who posts the photo must tag you for it to show up.
Edit your photo (if desired) and then tap “Next”.You can skip this step if you’re not uploading a new photo.
Tap “Tag People”.Whether you have uploaded a new photo or are tagging an existing one, you’ll see “Tag People” as an option.
Tap an area of the photo to tag.If this is a photo of you, you can tap somewhere on your face. This is a matter of personal preference, and most people will not notice the tag location.
Type your Instagram username, then select it from the search results.Once you choose your username, it will appear where you chose to tag the photo.
- The tag is not visible others unless they tap your photo to view all tags.
Tap the checkmark to finish tagging.
Tap the Photos of You icon on your profile.The recently-tagged image will now appear at the top of Photos of You.
Setting Up Manual Approval for Photos of You
Tap the Photos of You icon on your Instagram profile.If you’d rather approve each photo that appears in Photos of You manually, you can set that up in the app.
Tap the … menu (iOS) or ⋮ menu (Android) at the top right corner of Photos of You.
Select “Add Manually” from the listed options.Now, whenever you are tagged in a photo, Instagram will prompt you (via a notification) to approve or deny the addition to Photos of You.
- If you are already set to approve photos manually but would rather they be automatically added, select “Add Automatically” instead.
- To completely dissociate your Instagram account from a photo in which you’ve been tagged, remove the tag. Select it from Photos of You, tap your username on the tag list, then select “Remove Tag.”
- If your Instagram posts are private, your followers are the only ones who can see Photos of You.
Video: The Best Way To Manage Your Photos - Leigh Diprose
Marriage provides little benefit to children
Ways To Build The Perfect Mens Bedroom With Furniture
Everybody Loves Raymond Star Doris Roberts Has Passed Away at 90
Sofia Vergara Shares Her Biggest Beauty Secrets—and Were All Ears
30 of the Best Christmas Songs of All Time
100 Cleanest Packaged Food Awards 2019: Healthy Bars
Who Will Wow At Glastonbury Festival This Year
Warning: This Bacteria Could Be Hiding in YourSalad
Granny’s Myth Debunked
How to Wash a Rain Jacket
The Benefits and Side Effects of Sage Tea